Give1. anlamı f. (gave, given) vermek, hediye etmek, hibe etmek; devretmek; tayin etmek; baskı altında eğilmek veya çökmek; bel vermek; çekilmek; açılmak, nazır olmak, bakmak; erimek, erimeye yüz tutmak. give a good account of oneself iyi davranmak. give a co.
2. anlamı vermek. doğruluğunu kabullenmek. tanımak. itiraf etmek. bel vermek. eğilmek. esneklik.
Give İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) To bestow without receiving a return; to confer without compensation; to impart, as a possession; to grant, as authority or permission; to yield up or allow.
- (noun) To set forth as a known quantity or a known relation, or as a premise from which to reason; -- used principally in the passive form given.
- (v. i.) To have a misgiving.
- (noun) To devote; to apply; used reflexively, to devote or apply one's self; as, the soldiers give themselves to plunder; also in this sense used very frequently in the past participle; as, the people are given to luxury and pleasure; the youth is given to study.
- (v. i.) To shed tears; to weep.
- (noun) To allow or admit by way of supposition.
- (noun) To yield; to furnish; to produce; to emit; as, flint and steel give sparks.
- (noun) To attribute; to assign; to adjudge.
- (v. i.) To yield to force or pressure; to relax; to become less rigid; as, the earth gives under the feet.
- (noun) To cause; to make; -- with the infinitive; as, to give one to understand, to know, etc.
- (noun) To pledge; as, to give one's word.
- (v. i.) To become soft or moist.
- (noun) To communicate or announce, as advice, tidings, etc.; to pronounce; to render or utter, as an opinion, a judgment, a sentence, a shout, etc.
- (noun) To exhibit as a product or result; to produce; to show; as, the number of men, divided by the number of ships, gives four hundred to each ship.
- (noun) To yield possesion of; to deliver over, as property, in exchange for something; to pay; as, we give the value of what we buy.
- (v. i.) To move; to recede.
- (v. i.) To open; to lead.
- (v. i.) To give a gift or gifts.
- (noun) To excite or cause to exist, as a sensation; as, to give offense; to give pleasure or pain.
- (noun) To grant power or license to; to permit; to allow; to license; to commission.
- (v. t.) To afford a view of; as, his window gave the park.
Give tanım:Kelime: give
Türleri: gave /'gAv/; giv·en /'gi-v&n/; giv·ing
Kökeni: Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Swedish giva to give; akin to Old English giefan, gifan to give, and perhaps to Latin habEre to have, hold
1 : to make a present of give a doll to a child
2 a : to grant or bestow by formal action the law gives citizens the right to vote b : to accord or yield to another gave him her confidence
3 a : to put into the possession of another for his use b (1) : to administer as a sacrament (2) : to administer as a medicine c : to commit to another as a trust or responsibility and usually for an expressed reason d : to transfer from one's authority or custody the sheriff gave the prisoner to the warden e : to execute and deliver all employees must give bond f : to convey to another give them my regards
4 a : to offer to the action of another : PROFFER gave her his hand b : to yield (oneself) to a man in sexual intercourse
5 a : to present in public performance give a concert b : to present to view or observation gave the signal to start
6 : to provide by way of entertainment give a party
7 : to propose as a toast
8 a : to designate as a share or portion : ALLOT all the earth to thee and to thy race I give -- John Milton b : to make assignment of (a name) c : to set forth as an actual or hypothetical datum give the dimensions of the room d : to attribute in thought or utterance : ASCRIBE gave the credit to you
9 a : to yield as a product, consequence, or effect : PRODUCE cows give milk 84 divided by 12 gives 7 b : to bring forth : BEAR
10 a : to yield possession of by way of exchange : PAY b : to dispose of for a price : SELL
11 a : to deliver by some bodily action gave him a push b : to carry out (as a bodily movement) gave a cynical smile c : to inflict as punishment d : to award by formal verdict judgment was given against the plaintiff
12 : to offer for consideration, acceptance, or use gives no reason for his absence
13 a : to suffer the loss of : SACRIFICE b : to offer as appropriate or due especially to something higher or more worthy gave his spirit to God c : to apply freely or fully : DEVOTE gave themselves to their work d : to offer as a pledge I give you my word
14 a : to cause one to have or receive mountains always gave him pleasure b : to cause a person to catch by contagion, infection, or exposure
15 a : to allow one to have or take give me time b : to lead or attempt to lead -- used with an infinitive you gave me to understand you'd be late
16 : to care to the extent of didn't give a hang
1 : to make gifts or presents
2 a : to yield to physical force or strain b : to collapse from the application of force or pressure c : to undergo or submit to change for the strike to be settled, something has to give
3 : to afford a view or passage : OPEN
4 : to enter wholeheartedly into an activity
5 slang : GO ON, HAPPEN wants to know what gives
- give a good account of : to acquit (oneself) well
- give birth : to have a baby gave birth last Thursday
- give birth to 1 : to produce as offspring gave birth to a son 2 : to be the source of
- give chase : to set off in pursuit
- give ground : to withdraw before superior force : RETREAT
- give of : to make available : provide generously freely gave of their time
- give or take : as an estimate accurate within (an amount to be added or subtracted)
- give place to : to be replaced or succeeded by optimism gave place to worry
- give rise to : to be the cause or source of : PRODUCE
- give the gun : to open the throttle of : speed up
- give the lie to 1 : to accuse of falsehood 2 : to show to be false, inaccurate, or invalid
- give tongue of hounds : to begin barking on the scent
- give way 1 a : RETREAT b : to yield the right of way 2 : to yield oneself without restraint or control 3 a : to yield to or as if to physical stress b : to yield to entreaty or insistence 4 : to yield place 5 : to begin to row
synonyms GIVE, PRESENT, DONATE, BESTOW, CONFER, AFFORD mean to convey to another as a possession. GIVE, the general term, is applicable to any passing over of anything by any means give alms gave her a ride on a pony give my love to your mother . PRESENT carries a note of formality and ceremony present an award . DONATE is likely to imply a publicized giving (as to charity) donate a piano to the orphanage . BESTOW implies the conveying of something as a gift and may suggest condescension on the part of the giver bestow unwanted advice . CONFER implies a gracious giving (as of a favor or honor) confer an honorary degree . AFFORD implies a giving or bestowing usually as a natural or legitimate consequence of the character of the giver the trees afford shade a development that affords us some hope .
Give ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerAfford, Apply, Break, Collapse, Commit, Consecrate, Contribute, Dedicate, Devote, Establish, Feed, Founder, Generate, Gift, Grant, Hand, Have, Hold, Impart, Leave, Make, Open, Pass, Pay, Present, Reach, Render, Return, Sacrifice, Spring, Springiness, Throw, Yield,
Give ile zıt (antonym) anlamlı kelimelerFamish, Starve, Take,
Giveİngilizce Give kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
v. dar, abastecer, administrar, aportar, asignar, brindar, conceder, conferir, contribuir, dispensar, entregar, impartir, otorgar, propinar, proporcionar, proveer, servir, suministrar, suplir, surtir
Giveİngilizce Give kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
v. donner; livrer, transmettre; déplacer, transférer; se courber, s'incliner; céder, se soumettre; s'affaiblir, s'épuiser; organiser (une fête, etc)
Giveİngilizce Give kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
n. Flexibilität, Nachgiebigkeit; Elastizität
v. geben; übergeben; überbringen; schenken; spenden; verleihen (Orden); lassen; veranstalten (Feier)
Giveİngilizce Give kelimesinin İtalyanca karşılığı.
s. elasticità, cedevolezza
v. dare; pagare; donare; assegnare; attribuire; porgere, offrire; infondere, ispirare; emettere; esprimere, pronunciare; portare, trasmettere; impartire; partecipare, comunicare; affidare
Giveİngilizce Give kelimesinin Portekizce karşılığı.
v. dar; entregar, conceder; render-se; premiar; pagar; enfraquecer-se; preparar (festas, etc)
Givef. vermek, hediye etmek, uçlanmak, ödemek, düzenlemek, yapıvermek, esnemek, gitmek
i. uysallık, yumuşaklık, esneklik
Giveİngilizce Give kelimesinin Flemenkçe karşılığı.
ww. geven; aangeven; toegeven; geven (feestje geven)
Given. elasticity, flexibility, ability to yield
v. bestow; deliver; donate; produce; be convinced, weaken, yield; do, provide, host (a party, etc.)