Poke1. anlamı i. itme, dürtme; dirsek vurma; ağır ağır hareket eden kimse; k.dili tekme; hayvanların çitlerden geçememeleri için boyunlarına veya boynuzlarına geçirilen takım.
2. anlamı sokmak. dürtmek. çıkarmak.
Poke İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (noun) A bag; a sack; a pocket.
- (v. t.) To thrust or push against or into with anything pointed; hence, to stir up; to excite; as, to poke a fire.
- (noun) A large North American herb of the genus Phytolacca (P. decandra), bearing dark purple juicy berries; -- called also garget, pigeon berry, pocan, and pokeweed. The root and berries have emetic and purgative properties, and are used in medicine. The young shoots are sometimes eaten as a substitute for asparagus, and the berries are said to be used in Europe to color wine.
- (v. t.) To thrust with the horns; to gore.
- (noun) A lazy person; a dawdler; also, a stupid or uninteresting person.
- (noun) The act of poking; a thrust; a jog; as, a poke in the ribs.
- (v. t.) To put a poke on; as, to poke an ox.
- (noun) A long, wide sleeve; -- called also poke sleeve.
- (noun) A contrivance to prevent an animal from leaping or breaking through fences. It consists of a yoke with a pole inserted, pointed forward.
- (v. i.) To search; to feel one's way, as in the dark; to grope; as, to poke about.
Poke tanım:Kelime: poke
Kökeni: Middle English, from Old North French -- more at POCKET
1 chiefly Southern & Midland : BAG, SACK
2 a : WALLET b : PURSE