Keep1. anlamı f. (kept) tutmak, saklamak, hıfzetmek, elde tutmak, muhafaza etmek; yedirip içirmek, ücretle maiyetinde tutmak; metres olarak tutmak; sahibi olmak, işletmek (dükkân); beslemek; idame etmek, sürdürmek, devam ettirmek; himaye etmek; kalmak, durmak, m.
2. anlamı iç kale. kale. geçim. yiyecek. bakım. himaye. tutmak. bulundurmak. sağlamak. korumak. temelli almak. sürdürmek. devam ettirmek. alıkoymak. bakmak. gözkulak olmak. işletmek. uymak. kalmak. durmak. kutlamak. almak. saklamak. -de kalmak. elde tutmak. (belli.
Keep İngilizce anlamı ve tanımı
- (v. t.) To attend upon; to have the care of; to tend.
- (v. t.) To have in custody; to have in some place for preservation; to take charge of.
- (noun) The act or office of keeping; custody; guard; care; heed; charge.
- (v. i.) To reside for a time; to lodge; to dwell.
- (v. t.) To confine one's self to; not to quit; to remain in; as, to keep one's house, room, bed, etc. ; hence, to haunt; to frequent.
- (v. t.) To observe duty, as a festival, etc. ; to celebrate; to solemnize; as, to keep a feast.
- (v. t.) To observe; to adhere to; to fulfill; not to swerve from or violate; to practice or perform, as duty; not to neglect; to be faithful to.
- (v. t.) To cause to remain in a given situation or condition; to maintain unchanged; to hold or preserve in any state or tenor.
- (v. t.) To have in one's service; to have and maintain, as an assistant, a servant, a mistress, a horse, etc.
- (noun) The state of being kept; hence, the resulting condition; case; as, to be in good keep.
- (v. i.) To be in session; as, school keeps to-day.
- (v. t.) To record transactions, accounts, or events in; as, to keep books, a journal, etc. ; also, to enter (as accounts, records, etc. ) in a book.
- (noun) A cap for retaining anything, as a journal box, in place.
- (v. t.) To care; to desire.
- (v. t.) To preserve from danger, harm, or loss; to guard.
- (v. t.) To preserve from discovery or publicity; not to communicate, reveal, or betray, as a secret.
- (v. i.) To take care; to be solicitous; to watch.
- (noun) That which is kept in charge; a charge.
- (noun) The means or provisions by which one is kept; maintenance; support; as, the keep of a horse.
- (v. t.) To hold; to restrain from departure or removal; not to let go of; to retain in one's power or possession; not to lose; to retain; to detain.
- (v. t.) To continue in, as a course or mode of action; not to intermit or fall from; to hold to; to maintain; as, to keep silence; to keep one's word; to keep possession.
- (v. t.) To supply with necessaries of life; to entertain; as, to keep boarders.
- (v. i.) To last; to endure; to remain unimpaired.
- (noun) That which keeps or protects; a stronghold; a fortress; a castle; specifically, the strongest and securest part of a castle, often used as a place of residence by the lord of the castle, especially during a siege; the donjon. See Illust. of Castle.
- (v. t.) To maintain, as an establishment, institution, or the like; to conduct; to manage; as, to keep store.
- (v. t.) To have habitually in stock for sale.
- (v. i.) To remain in any position or state; to continue; to abide; to stay; as, to keep at a distance; to keep aloft; to keep near; to keep in the house; to keep before or behind; to keep in favor; to keep out of company, or out reach.
Keep tanım:Kelime: keep
Türleri: kept /'kept/; keep·ing
Kökeni: Middle English kepen, from Old English cEpan; perhaps akin to Old High German chapfEn to look
1 : to take notice of by appropriate conduct : FULFILL: as a : to be faithful to keep a promise b : to act fittingly in relation to keep the Sabbath c : to conform to in habits or conduct keep late hours d : to stay in accord with (a beat) keep time
2 : PRESERVE, MAINTAIN: as a : to watch over and defend keep us from harm b (1) : to take care of : TEND keep a garden (2) : SUPPORT (3) : to maintain in a good, fitting, or orderly condition -- usually used with up c : to continue to maintain keep watch d (1) : to cause to remain in a given place, situation, or condition keep him waiting (2) : to preserve (food) in an unspoiled condition e : to have or maintain in one's service or at one's disposal keep a mistress -- often used with on kept the cook on ; also : to lodge or feed for pay keep boarders f (1) : to maintain a record in keep a diary (2) : to enter in a book keep records g : to have customarily in stock for sale
3 a : to restrain from departure or removal : DETAIN keep children in after school b : HOLD BACK, RESTRAIN keep them from going kept him back with difficulty c : SAVE, RESERVE keep some for later kept some out for a friend d : to refrain from revealing keep a secret
4 a : to retain in one's possession or power kept the money we found b : to refrain from granting, giving, or allowing kept the news back c : to have in control keep your temper
5 : to confine oneself to keep my room
6 a : to stay or continue in keep the path keep your seat b : to stay or remain on or in usually against opposition : HOLD kept her ground
7 : CONDUCT, MANAGE keep a tearoom
1 chiefly British : LIVE, LODGE
2 a : to maintain a course, direction, or progress keep to the right b : to continue usually without interruption keep talking keep quiet keep on smiling c : to persist in a practice kept bothering them kept on smoking in spite of warnings
3 : STAY, REMAIN keep out of the way keep off the grass : as a : to stay even -- usually used with up keep up with the Joneses b : to remain in good condition meat will keep in the freezer c : to remain secret the secret would keep d : to call for no immediate action the matter will keep until morning
4 : ABSTAIN, REFRAIN can't keep from talking
5 : to be in session school will keep through the winter -- W. M. Thayer
6 of a quarterback : to retain possession of a football especially after faking a handoff
- keep an eye on : WATCH
- keep at : to persist in doing or concerning oneself with
- keep company : to go together as frequent companions or in courtship
- keep house : to manage a household
- keep one's distance or keep at a distance : to stay aloof : maintain a reserved attitude
- keep one's eyes open or keep one's eyes peeled : to be on the alert : be watchful
- keep one's hand in : to keep in practice
- keep pace : to stay even also : KEEP UP
- keep step : to keep in step
- keep to 1 a : to stay in b : to limit oneself to 2 : to abide by
- keep to oneself 1 : to keep secret kept the facts to myself 2 : to remain solitary or apart from other people
synonyms KEEP, OBSERVE, CELEBRATE, COMMEMORATE mean to notice or honor a day, occasion, or deed. KEEP stresses the idea of not neglecting or violating kept the Sabbath by refraining from work . OBSERVE suggests marking the occasion by ceremonious performance not all holidays are observed nationally . CELEBRATE suggests acknowledging an occasion by festivity traditionally celebrates Thanksgiving with a huge dinner . COMMEMORATE suggests that an occasion is marked by observances that remind one of the origin and significance of the day commemorate Memorial Day with the laying of wreaths .
synonyms KEEP, RETAIN, DETAIN, WITHHOLD, RESERVE mean to hold in one's possession or under one's control. KEEP may suggest a holding securely in one's possession, custody, or control keep this while I'm gone . RETAIN implies continued keeping, especially against threatened seizure or forced loss managed to retain their dignity even in poverty . DETAIN suggests a delay in letting go detained them for questioning . WITHHOLD implies restraint in letting go or a refusal to let go withheld information from the authorities . RESERVE suggests a keeping in store for future use reserve some of your energy for the last mile .
Keep ile eşanlamlı (synonym) kelimelerCelebrate, Continue, Donjon, Dungeon, Hold, Livelihood, Living, Maintain, Observe, Preserve, Prevent, Proceed, Restrain, Retain, Save, Support, Suppress, Sustain, Sustenance,
Keep ile zıt (antonym) anlamlı kelimelerAllow, Discontinue, Let, Lose, Permit,
Keepİngilizce Keep kelimesinin İspanyolca karşılığı.
s. mantenimiento; torreón, torre del homenaje; custodia
v. mantener, conservar, guardar, guardarse, quedarse con, reservar, reservarse, retener; continuar, celebrar, observar, seguir; conservarse, mantenerse; alojar, dar alojamiento a, dar hospedaje
Keepİngilizce Keep kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
n. frais de subsistance; subsistance; nourriture; donjon, réduit (de château fort)
v. tenir; garder, conserver, suivre, observer, continuer; entretenir, faire vivre; diriger; élever; être actionnaire de
Keepİngilizce Keep kelimesinin Almanca karşılığı.
n. Unterhalt; Bergfried (Historie); Haftzelle
v. halten; einhalten; begehen; behüten; unterhalten (finanziell); instandhalten; weiter machen, fortführen
Keepİngilizce Keep kelimesinin İtalyanca karşılığı.
s. mantenimento, sostentamento; vitto e alloggio; (fam) prigione, galera, (pop) gattabuia; (Mecc) cappello; (Mil; ant) maschio
v. tenere, mantenere; trattenere; tenere in serbo, tenere da parte, conservare, serbare; impedire; custodire; proteggere, salvare, salvaguardare; detenere, tenere in arresto; sostentare, provvedere a
Keepİngilizce Keep kelimesinin Portekizce karşılığı.
s. sustento, manutenção, economia; forte, fortaleza
v. guardar; ficar; cumprir; sustentar; deixar; continuar; dirigir; criar; possuir
Keepf. tutmak, bulundurmak, sağlamak, korumak, temelli almak, sürdürmek, devam ettirmek, alıkoymak, bakmak, gözkulak olmak, işletmek, uymak, kalmak, durmak, kutlamak
i. iç kale, kale, geçim, yiyecek, bakım, himaye
KeepFlemenkçe Keep kelimesinin İngilizce karşılığı.
n. notch, nick, sco re, nock
Keepİngilizce Keep kelimesinin Flemenkçe karşılığı.
zn. inkomen, inkomsten; donjon (gevangenis in fort of kasteel)
ww. houden; bewaren; krijgen; onderhouden; volhouden; leiden; voeren; groot laten worden; eigenaar zijn van
Keepn. wages, living, livelihood; stronghold, strongest part of a medieval castle
v. retain possession of, hold onto; save, store; watch over, care for, look after, maintain; observe, obey, adhere; stay, remain; continue; stop, cease
n. notch, nick; brambling, type of finch with a black and white body and a reddish breast (native to Europe)
KeepFlemenkçe Keep kelimesinin Fransızca karşılığı.
(algemeen) entaille (f)
KeepAlmanca Keep kelimesinin Flemenkçe karşılığı.
keep ,mastgleuf ,mastgroef